Hey Eric, got up really early this morning for some reason, and giggled all through your most recent posting... I do love you and so inspired... what a great experience....and happy belated birth-day -- I pick up on the sometimes lonely and "what the hell am I doing here moments," but every day you are there is a miracle as we know, and Africa is blessed to have you. I really enjoy the AIDS information, and of course lament with you at all the apathy and waste, but your attitude is so positive Eric, we are powerless over people, places, things and situations, but you can continue to advocate for the right actions, and let go of the results... your joy, fun filled perspective is a godsend there, remember you are loved, loving and lovable, and in god's hands.
My retirement is fast approaching, and albeit scared to death, I'm really planning to go to Buenos Aires for as long as I can hack it without my saturday meeting. I've recently gotten the Tango bug, and now on a mission to really learn it.. since we last saw one another I have been dancing Afro Brazilian and Cuban, (became smitten by my Brazilian dance teach Isaura) and dancing Tango at the Allegro ballroom with Rotha. Also, prompted by the hurricanes in the gulf states, I and a small team opened a hurricane resource center in Berkeley city center to receive evacuees. This work has been engaging, and the New Orleans people are very charming...now we are working at breakneck speed to find housing and other support services for approximately 1600 families here before the holidays.
The days and sunsets have been gorgeous here too reminding me that no matter how hard things have become here on the ground, that there is something greater than ourselves surrounding us with beauty and truth...so dear Eric, I pray this finds you well, (stay away from that meat boy!) and daily finding the internal enthusiasm to keep you going.. love love love, Carol
1 Comments:
Hey Eric, got up really early this morning for some reason, and giggled all through your most recent posting... I do love you and so inspired... what a great experience....and happy belated birth-day -- I pick up on the sometimes lonely and "what the hell am I doing here moments," but every day you are there is a miracle as we know, and Africa is blessed to have you. I really enjoy the AIDS information, and of course lament with you at all the apathy and waste, but your attitude is so positive Eric, we are powerless over people, places, things and situations, but you can continue to advocate for the right actions, and let go of the results... your joy, fun filled perspective is a godsend there, remember you are loved, loving and lovable, and in god's hands.
My retirement is fast approaching, and albeit scared to death, I'm really planning to go to Buenos Aires for as long as I can hack it without my saturday meeting. I've recently gotten the Tango bug, and now on a mission to really learn it.. since we last saw one another I have been dancing Afro Brazilian and Cuban, (became smitten by my Brazilian dance teach Isaura) and dancing Tango at the Allegro ballroom with Rotha.
Also, prompted by the hurricanes in the gulf states, I and a small team opened a hurricane resource center in Berkeley city center to receive evacuees. This work has been engaging, and the New Orleans people are very charming...now we are working at breakneck speed to find housing and other support services for approximately 1600 families here before the holidays.
The days and sunsets have been gorgeous here too reminding me that no matter how hard things have become here on the ground, that there is something greater than ourselves surrounding us with beauty and truth...so dear Eric, I pray this finds you well, (stay away from that meat boy!) and daily finding the internal enthusiasm to keep you going.. love love love, Carol
8:20 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home